Fluffer Nutter Bites, Yum.


Pinterest = quicksand 
 Sucks you in and you just can't escape it.

It's like when Facebook first came out, and we all spent hours stalking people we hadn't seen for a while, trying to dig up all sorts of juicy info about new girlfriends/boyfriends, new cars, getting kicked out of college, ya know, all that stuff.  Oh wait... not everyone did that? My bad...

The worst part about Pinterest is that it's full of seriously amazing looking food. I think I'm gaining weight just seeing all of it.  Oh, and of course the most compelling pictures aren't of healthy food, but of cookies, cakes, caramel filled crescent rolls... ah!!! 

One of those goodies are these fluffer nutter bites. I surprisingly had all the ingredients in my cupboard, and it seemed so simple. Well and peanut butter is kind of healthy, right?

Here's the link to the original recipe that was pinned.

Ingredients:



1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
 1 cup nonfat dry milk
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup dry roasted peanuts

Directions: 
In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey and dry milk. Stir until combined. The mixture should be similar to a thick cookie dough, moldable and not sticking to your hands. I ended up adding just a little bit more dry milk. I also am not the most accurate measurer... I kinda just throw it all in :)
The peanuts were put into a plastic baggie, and smashed with my meat tenderizer hammer. Way easier than chopping. BUT, it made some of the peanuts turn into a powder. You can see in my pictures that some of the bites don't have the same rough peanuty texture as others. 
Take 1/2 Tablespoon of dough and wrap around each mini marshmallow creating a ball with a marshmallow center. Roll each ball in crush peanuts to coat.
I didn't measure out the dough. I just took a small bit, flattned it out in my hand until it looked like just enough to cover the entire marshmallow, then wraped the marshmallow up. 
In the end... Mr E thinks these are delish! But they are junk food, which I'm trying to rid our house of.
Also, they take forever to assemble!  This would be a much better recipe for a mama with kiddos a little bit older who could help.  It took me over an hour to do it all.

It doesn't make a whole lot - but these Fluffer Nutter bites are so rich and sweet.  I think it's a combo of the sweet, and the protien in the peanuts and peanut butter, but just a handful (5 or 6 of them) and I found that sweet tooth and snack loving tummy were quiet.



I can often be found linking up at these fabulous parties-
Monday: Make It Pretty Monday, Skip to my Lou, DIY Showoff Project ParadeMore the Merrier Monday, C.R.A.F.T., Just Something I Whipped Up, The Gunny SackDebt Free Mommy,Cutesy Mondays, Craft-O-Maniac Mondays, Make It Mondays, Mixer Monday at Whimsically Homemade
Tuesday:Get your craft on Tuesdays, Project Queen, Sugar Bee Crafts, New Nostalgia, Lady Bug Blessings, Too Cute Tuesday, The Schwins Tuesday Party,Tasty Tuesday,
Wednesday:The Thrifty Home, Linking up with Lil Luna, Tea Rose Home, Adorned from Above, Rae Gun Ramblings - What We Wore, Read, and Made Link Party,  Ginger Snap Crafts - Wow Me Wednesday,   Someday Crafts - Whatever Goes Wednesday,   My Girlish Whims - Your Whims WednesdayWork it Wednesday,
Thursday: Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage, Catch a Glimpse Thursday, Creative Juice Thursday, Thursday's Temptation @ Two Yellow Birds Decor,Crafty Soiree at Yesterday on Tuesday, Delightfully Inspiring Thursday,Wait Til Your Father Gets Home,
Friday: Shabby Nest,Whipperberry, Its a Hodge Podge Life, 30 Handmade Days, I'm Lovin It Link Party at Tidy Mom, Tickled Pink Fridays at 504 Main, For the Kids Friday at Sun Scholars,
Saturday: Free for All at Young and Crafty, Show and Tell Saturdays, Strut Your Stuff, Get Schooled Saturday, Spotlight Saturday,
Sunday:Think Pink Sundays at Flamingo Toes, Sunday Scoop at I Heart Nap Time,   



13 comments:

  1. Ooh! We love fluffernutters at our house! Can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are really good, and I've found that since they are so rich, it only takes a few to satisfy your sweet tooth!

      Delete
  2. These look delicious. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/how-to-make-natural-tinted-lip-balm-and.html
    I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say, this is the greatest recipe. My family will love these. Peanut butter is our favorite. Thanks for linking at Adorned From Above's Link Party this week. Have a great weekend. Debi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for suggesting your link party! I know I will be back :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad that I found you on Show and Tell Saturday! This look absolutely delicious. Thank you so much for finding and sharing this recipe:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, let me tell ya, they ARE delicious :) Enjoy!

      Delete
  5. Those look dangerous...in a good way! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Surprisingly they didn't disappear in a day like I thought they would. The peanut butter and honey is so rich that it only takes a handful to satisfy your sweet tooth.

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/10/almond-sugar-body-scrub-and-wednesdays.html
    from Wednesday until Sunday.
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing at my Our Favorite Things Link Party. These could be my downfall, they look so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, they ARE delicious! You should try them :)

      Delete
  8. These look amazing! My teenager is having friends over this weekend and I am going to have to make these for them! Thanks for linking up to Throwback Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love to read your comments, thoughts and questions on my posts.