Oh my they turned out so good, I've actually been looking forward to them for lunches at work. And so quick, that whipping them up took about 15 mintues!
|Chicken, Corn, Beans - Basic Ingredients|
1 cooked chicken breast
1 C corn, cooked.
1 can black beans
Cheese - can use many kinds: cheddar, Tex-Mex mix, mozzarella, etc.
1. Shred up cooked chicken. I use 2 forks, and sometimes my hands. Add taco seasoning to taste. We like ours mild, so I added a little less than a teaspoon. Mix well - add a little bit of water (Tbsp) if it's not mixing easily.
2. On hot griddle - set mine to 250 - place a tortilla down. Add a few spoonfuls of chicken, corn, and beans, spreading out all over on tortilla.
3. Top with cheese. We love cheese of all kinds, I used probably 1/4 C mixed of cheddar and mozzarella because that's what we had on hand.
|For these, I folded over the tortilla, instead of adding a 2nd.|
5. Flatten out with spatula, and let brown & crisp.
6. Flip when desired "done-ness" is achieved. Let opposite side cook.
7. When both sides are browned, remove from griddle. Slice up, and eat hot.
Good when paired with taco toppings, like salsa, sour cream, lettuce, olives, etc.
This recipe is very forgiving, and that's why I love it. Add whatever kinds of veggies (olives, peppers) or other beans that you like, or that you have on hand.
It's also easy to adjust this recipe for picky eaters (ahem.. Mr E). If one kid doesn't like corn, leave it out of just theirs! Great way to make individualized dinners, without making totally different recipes.
I can often be found linking up at these fabulous parties-
Monday: Make It Pretty Monday, Skip to my Lou, DIY Showoff Project Parade, More the Merrier Monday, C.R.A.F.T., Just Something I Whipped Up, The Gunny Sack, Debt Free Mommy,Cutesy Mondays, Craft-O-Maniac Mondays, Make It Mondays, Mixer Monday at Whimsically Homemade,
Tuesday:Get your craft on Tuesdays, Project Queen, Sugar Bee Crafts, New Nostalgia, Lady Bug Blessings, Too Cute Tuesday, The Schwins Tuesday Party,Tasty Tuesday,
Wednesday:The Thrifty Home, Linking up with Lil Luna, Tea Rose Home, Adorned from Above, Rae Gun Ramblings - What We Wore, Read, and Made Link Party, Ginger Snap Crafts - Wow Me Wednesday, Someday Crafts - Whatever Goes Wednesday, My Girlish Whims - Your Whims Wednesday, Work it Wednesday,
Thursday: Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage, Catch a Glimpse Thursday, Creative Juice Thursday, Thursday's Temptation @ Two Yellow Birds Decor,Crafty Soiree at Yesterday on Tuesday, Delightfully Inspiring Thursday,Wait Til Your Father Gets Home,
Friday: Shabby Nest,Whipperberry, Its a Hodge Podge Life, 30 Handmade Days, I'm Lovin It Link Party at Tidy Mom, Tickled Pink Fridays at 504 Main, For the Kids Friday at Sun Scholars,
Saturday: Free for All at Young and Crafty, Show and Tell Saturdays, Strut Your Stuff, Get Schooled Saturday,
Sunday:Think Pink Sundays at Flamingo Toes, Sunday Scoop at I Heart Nap Time,