Here's another recap of some new veggies I am exposing Baby to lately.
While shopping at Aldi's, I saw zucchini was a great price, and had to scoop some up. I absolutely love zucchini, just sauteed in oil and garlic. The night I bought them, I worked them into a super quick supper of tortellini & zucchini.
I had read a post the next day at a link party about another mama who makes baby food for her little one. On her list was zucchini! How had I never thought of making zucchini?
Well, I went back to Aldi's and bought some more just for Baby.
Here's how I made zucchini into baby food puree:
1. Wash well. Zucchini's can have grittyness if you don't scrub the skins well.
2. Cut off ends & discard.
3. Chop into large chunks - probably 2 inch rounds.
4. I chose to steam the zucchini. No rhyme or reason, just sounded like the way to do it.
5. After they got good and tender, let them cool.
6. Puree in blender. Use the water from the bottom of the pot. I found it didn't take much added water since the zucchinis were pretty juicy.
7. Store in whatever you like. I use Mumi & Bubi trays, and reuse store bought baby food tubs and jars. Use within 2-3 days if refrigerated. I like to put all of it straight into the freezer, and take it out right before we use it.
Baby has eaten my zucchini now 3 times. He was a little hesitant on the first few bites, and looked at me with the expression of confusion. LOL. I love how he can say so much with no words at all.
He's only had about 2 ounces of it each time, and I'm trying to think of what I can mix it into for a tasty combo.
I can often be found linking up at these fabulous parties-
Monday: Make It Pretty Monday, Skip to my Lou, DIY Showoff Project Parade, More the Merrier Monday, C.R.A.F.T., Just Something I Whipped Up, The Gunny Sack, Debt Free Mommy,Cutesy Mondays, Craft-O-Maniac Mondays, Make It Mondays, Mixer Monday at Whimsically Homemade,
Tuesday:Get your craft on Tuesdays, Project Queen, Sugar Bee Crafts, New Nostalgia, Lady Bug Blessings, Too Cute Tuesday, The Schwins Tuesday Party,Tasty Tuesday,
Wednesday:The Thrifty Home, Linking up with Lil Luna, Tea Rose Home, Adorned from Above, Rae Gun Ramblings - What We Wore, Read, and Made Link Party, Ginger Snap Crafts - Wow Me Wednesday, Someday Crafts - Whatever Goes Wednesday, My Girlish Whims - Your Whims Wednesday, Work it Wednesday,
Thursday: Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage, Catch a Glimpse Thursday, Creative Juice Thursday, Thursday's Temptation @ Two Yellow Birds Decor,Crafty Soiree at Yesterday on Tuesday, Delightfully Inspiring Thursday,Wait Til Your Father Gets Home,
Friday: Shabby Nest,Whipperberry, Its a Hodge Podge Life, 30 Handmade Days, I'm Lovin It Link Party at Tidy Mom, Tickled Pink Fridays at 504 Main, For the Kids Friday at Sun Scholars,
Saturday: Free for All at Young and Crafty, Show and Tell Saturdays, Strut Your Stuff, Get Schooled Saturday, Spotlight Saturday,
Sunday:Think Pink Sundays at Flamingo Toes, Sunday Scoop at I Heart Nap Time,