Our DIY Christmas: Homemade Gift Round-up

Looking back on it, it was certainly a wonderful holiday. I got to see my aunts and uncle that live in other states. I also got to spend time with my Grandpa and his girlfriend (I know that sounds funny, they've been great partners for each other since my grandma passed almost 20 years ago).  You can check out some of our photos, in a post that I'll be uploading soon. What amazing photographers we have in our family!

Now, let me be clear... making almost all of our presents was quite the undertaking. And I should have known better than to wait until the last minute for some of them. Can someone explain to me why I always do that?!  :)


It was stressful. I didn't like not enjoying making the gifts. I hope there's not bad karma or something mixed in with it all from how cranky I was while making them!

Here's a round-up of all the projects I made. Click on the pictures to bring up the post.






Salt & Sugar Spa Scrubs



One of the great things about these gifts besides the pricetag, is that they can be given for more than just Christmas. Baby block for a baby shower; the apron and chef's hat for a birthday; the personalized pot holders for mother's day... the possiblities are many. 

Hope you enjoy these ideas, and that they stir up some creative gift giving!


I can often be found linking up at these fabulous parties-
Monday: Make It Pretty Monday, Skip to my Lou, DIY Showoff Project ParadeMore the Merrier Monday, C.R.A.F.T., Just Something I Whipped Up, The Gunny Sack,Cutesy Mondays, Craft-O-Maniac Mondays, Make It Mondays,  
Tuesday:Get your craft on Tuesdays, Sugar Bee Crafts, New Nostalgia, Lady Bug Blessings, Too Cute Tuesday, The Schwins Tuesday Party,Tasty Tuesday,The Mommy Club @ Crystal & Co.
Wednesday:The Thrifty Home, Linking up with Lil Luna, Tea Rose Home, Adorned from Above, Rae Gun Ramblings - What We Wore, Read, and Made Link Party,  Ginger Snap Crafts - Wow Me Wednesday,   Someday Crafts - Whatever Goes Wednesday,   My Girlish Whims - Your Whims WednesdayWork it Wednesday,
Thursday: Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage, Catch a Glimpse Thursday, Creative Juice Thursday, Thursday's Temptation @ Two Yellow Birds Decor,Crafty Soiree at Yesterday on Tuesday, Delightfully Inspiring Thursday,Wait Til Your Father Gets Home,
Friday: Shabby Nest,Whipperberry, Its a Hodge Podge Life, 30 Handmade Days, I'm Lovin It Link Party at Tidy Mom, Tickled Pink Fridays at 504 Main, For the Kids Friday at Sun Scholars, Free for All at Young and Crafty
Saturday:, Show and Tell Saturdays, Strut Your Stuff, Get Schooled Saturday, Spotlight Saturday,
Sunday:Think Pink Sundays at Flamingo Toes, Sunday Scoop at I Heart Nap TimeOr So She Says,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love to read your comments, thoughts and questions on my posts.