Spruce Up Bath Time! {Dollar Store Shaving Cream}

I consider myself very lucky. Both of my children love to take baths. I love having water babies, except for that they now fight over bath toys.... >:(  What's a mama to do to keep some peace in the house??

Distraction.  That is my favorite parenting tool. 

How to distract the three year old from his baby brother who steals all his bath toys?

Shaving Cream to the rescue!

DollarTree.com   Wishing my photoshop skills were better to add a superhero cape to this guy :)
TRex loves it. The giggles and laughter and splishing and splashing that follow the shaving cream bring me happiness. He slathers it all over himself - hair, arms, inbetween his toes.

I was using my travel size women's shaving cream. It turned from a gel into fluffyness as you work it, but it was pretty expensive leaving me to dislike putting it down the drain.

I was at the Dollar Tree this past weekend finishing up the stocking stuffers... I went a little bonkers... I spend $40... at a dollar store...
Anywho, while I was there, I picked up Barbasol Sensitive. Now he's got his own bottle of shaving cream. A budget friendly bottle, and one that smells pretty good. The boys come out of the bath smelling like sweet baby wash mixed with a little bit of a daddy-smell.  I love it.

And I love seeing my children playing happily together. Baby with the bath toys, and TRex with his shaving cream.




I can often be found linking up at these fabulous parties-
Monday: Make It Pretty Monday, Skip to my Lou, DIY Showoff Project ParadeMore the Merrier Monday, C.R.A.F.T., Just Something I Whipped Up, The Gunny Sack,Cutesy Mondays, Craft-O-Maniac Mondays, Make It Mondays,  
Tuesday:Get your craft on Tuesdays, Sugar Bee Crafts, New Nostalgia, Lady Bug Blessings, Too Cute Tuesday, The Schwins Tuesday Party,Tasty Tuesday,The Mommy Club @ Crystal & Co.
Wednesday:The Thrifty Home, Linking up with Lil Luna, Tea Rose Home, Adorned from Above, Rae Gun Ramblings - What We Wore, Read, and Made Link Party,  Ginger Snap Crafts - Wow Me Wednesday,   Someday Crafts - Whatever Goes Wednesday,   My Girlish Whims - Your Whims WednesdayWork it Wednesday,
Thursday: Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage, Catch a Glimpse Thursday, Creative Juice Thursday, Thursday's Temptation @ Two Yellow Birds Decor,Crafty Soiree at Yesterday on Tuesday, Delightfully Inspiring Thursday,Wait Til Your Father Gets Home,
Friday: Shabby Nest,Whipperberry, Its a Hodge Podge Life, 30 Handmade Days, I'm Lovin It Link Party at Tidy Mom, Tickled Pink Fridays at 504 Main, For the Kids Friday at Sun Scholars, Free for All at Young and Crafty
Saturday:, Show and Tell Saturdays, Strut Your Stuff, Get Schooled Saturday, Spotlight Saturday,
Sunday:Think Pink Sundays at Flamingo Toes, Sunday Scoop at I Heart Nap TimeOr So She Says,

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Good to know! I'll save this idea for the future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, the kids go nuts over it! But they are my little fishies anyways.
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love to read your comments, thoughts and questions on my posts.