Bacon Chocolate Dipped Preztels



Don't turn up your nose until you try it!

What inspired such sillyness?


First, I commited myself to making the majority of the Christmas gifts that our family is giving out. Mr E and I are trying very hard to get out of debt, and save up a large down payment for a home of our own. Renting just isn't our thing.

Second, isn't gifting for guys difficult anyways? Then add in the home/hand-made aspect of it! 

There are so many ideas for DIY gifts for ladies: hand & foot scrubs, hot cocoa mixes, ready-make cookie mixes, headband, hair ties, scarves, mittens, purse organizers... I have a whole Pinterst board!

DIY gifts for kids are also super easy: PJs, soft blocks for babies, apron & chef's hat set, finger paint set, bath mitts, hooded towels, anything personalized - pillowcase, tshirt, backpack, notebook... the possibilities are endless.

But for guys....

I've seen a few pins, a couple of blog posts, but nothing on those lists really stand out as anything the guys in my life would enjoy.

  Men love bacon. Men love pretzels. Christmas requires large amounts of chocolate for all. 
Put the three together and you have {Manly Yum!}

Ingredients:
heat & serve bacon (the fully cooked kind)
pretzels (shape of your choice - I liked the look of the long ones)
semi-sweet chocolate chips

First crumble up your bacon into small pieces, like bacon bits.

Then, melt chocolate using whatever method you like best - double boiler, fondue warmer, microwave. Just beware that over heating the chocolate chips create gobs and clumps and gross mess that isn't melty.

If your melting dish isn't very deep & you've decided to do long pretzel sticks, pour hot melted chocolate into a tall glass.  Wrap up with a dish towel, or some other insulator to keep it warm and workable.

Dip pretzel into chocolate, about 3/4 of the way - leaving a non dipped portion for a handle. I used the side of the glass to swirl the preztel stick against creating pretty twists in the choclate and making sure there wasn't excess.  Place on wax paper lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with bacon.  You may have to press the bacon down into the chocolate a bit.

Let cool either on a counter, or in the refrigerator.

Wrap up in plastic bags. Decorate bags how you like. Scrapbooking paper scraps, ribbons, or bakers twine are all great ways to get festive with your packaging. A small ornament tied in with the ribbon or twine would also make a great addition.

Hope you enjoy!




I can often be found linking up at these fabulous parties-
Monday: Make It Pretty Monday, Skip to my Lou, DIY Showoff Project ParadeMore the Merrier Monday, C.R.A.F.T., Just Something I Whipped Up, The Gunny Sack,Cutesy Mondays, Craft-O-Maniac Mondays, Make It Mondays, Mixer Monday at Whimsically Homemade
Tuesday:Get your craft on Tuesdays, Project Queen, Sugar Bee Crafts, New Nostalgia, Lady Bug Blessings, Too Cute Tuesday, The Schwins Tuesday Party,Tasty Tuesday,The Mommy Club @ Crystal & Co.
Wednesday:The Thrifty Home, Linking up with Lil Luna, Tea Rose Home, Adorned from Above, Rae Gun Ramblings - What We Wore, Read, and Made Link Party,  Ginger Snap Crafts - Wow Me Wednesday,   Someday Crafts - Whatever Goes Wednesday,   My Girlish Whims - Your Whims WednesdayWork it Wednesday,
Thursday: Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage, Catch a Glimpse Thursday, Creative Juice Thursday, Thursday's Temptation @ Two Yellow Birds Decor,Crafty Soiree at Yesterday on Tuesday, Delightfully Inspiring Thursday,Wait Til Your Father Gets Home,
Friday: Shabby Nest,Whipperberry, Its a Hodge Podge Life, 30 Handmade Days, I'm Lovin It Link Party at Tidy Mom, Tickled Pink Fridays at 504 Main, For the Kids Friday at Sun Scholars, Free for All at Young and Crafty
Saturday:, Show and Tell Saturdays, Strut Your Stuff, Get Schooled Saturday, Spotlight Saturday,
Sunday:Think Pink Sundays at Flamingo Toes, Sunday Scoop at I Heart Nap TimeOr So She Says,

10 comments:

  1. I know a lot of people that would go crazy over these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they were gooooooood! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I think they look fabulous! I made chocolate chip bacon cookies for my husband and his buddies once and they loved them! I can't wait to make these as a special surprise for the Hubs! I will suggest that you try to make them as close to gifting as possible, as bacon is always better fresh... when I made the cookies they weren't as good a couple days later as the bacon got tough and chewy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies??? Whaa?? That sounds delish! I don't think our house would have to worry about those sitting around for more than a day ;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. This is definitely different but I can imagine how it can be good. I may have to try it when I'm coating the pretzel rods in chocolate. Thank you for be daring to even post something so different.

    We may have met by chance..but we become friends by choice.
    http://simpleesue.com/soup-kitchen-recipes-italian-wedding-soup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, do try it! It's truly a great combination!

      Delete
  4. What a fun idea. I made chocolate covered bacon this Christmas and it was a HUGE hit. I never thought to add it to a pretzel. I am definitly giving this a try. Thanks for the fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate covered bacon is actually part of what inspired me. There was so much talk about it when it first debuted at our state fair, and I instantly fell in love with it :)
      Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  5. not just men love this! i love anything bacon and chocolate together, it's my newest favorite combo. i'm sure you scored major points with this concoction!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I certainly agree with you! The sweet and salty combo wins me over everytime :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love to read your comments, thoughts and questions on my posts.