Candy-Free Valentines Ideas


I love holidays, every single one of them. Nothing better than getting to add some cute decorations to the mantle, and make some little treats for the kids to hand out.

The one thing we're still recovering from is the serious overload of candy. Halloween...then Christmas? Seriously. As if the winter carb-cravings weren't enough to damage my waistline.



I don't dare give TRex even a fraction of the candy we've gotten on those two holidays. His naughtiness is exponentially related to sugar intake.

With Valentines around the corner, I've rounded up my top 5, err, Top 7 favorite candy-less DIY Valentines (I couldn't chose just 5!). Click on the picture to get to the link.


1. "Glad we're in the same school!"
school valentines printable
Free printable from I Heart Naptime. Shows with candy fish, but could replace with fish crackers.



2.  "Bubbling with excitement"

Another free printable, from Simply Modern Mom. What kiddo doesn't love bubbles. Might be hard to do when you live in the near-arctic like we do :)  but maybe this Mama would allows some bubble time in the tub.



3.  "You make my heart glow!"


Free printable from The Teacher Wife. I love the glowstick idea! Our dollar tree has a pack of 5 for $1. Talk about budget friendly. That makes it easy for us to afford maybe two gifts per kid.



4. "I'm Wild about you"

How fun are these little animal valentines? So much better than candy, the kids can add them to thier growing zoo collection. Another great budget valentine, as I'm sure I could find some great little animals at the Dollar Store.



5. "You Really Add up"

Great valentine for older kids. The same link also shows a little keychain calculator. Not quite for the age range of my little ones, but I have to remember this! I'll have to keep an eye out at Staples/Target for when little calculators go on clearance.



6. "I've had my eye on you"

I've seen this plastered all over Pinterest for the last couple weeks. Could it be any cuter? Perfect for preschoolers and kindergarteners.



7.  "For 'Crayon' out loud"


Another very popular pin among my friends on Pinterest. Great way to use up those broken bits of crayons.



Now to pick which one of these great Valentines to make... or maybe I'll make a few of each :)

Looking for sweet valentines for the man in your life? Check out my post on hubby valentines for some easy and fun ideas to remind him how much you really do love him.

I've been featured at Mom's Library Link Up! I'm so thankful to be featured.

parents as teachers





I can often be found linking up at these fabulous parties-
Monday: Make It Pretty Monday, Skip to my Lou, DIY Showoff Project ParadeMore the Merrier Monday, C.R.A.F.T., Just Something I Whipped Up, The Gunny Sack,Craft-O-Maniac Mondays, Make It Mondays,
Tuesday:Get your craft on Tuesdays, Project Queen, Sugar Bee Crafts, New Nostalgia, Lady Bug Blessings, Too Cute Tuesday, The Schwins Tuesday Party,Tasty Tuesday,The Mommy Club @ Crystal & Co., Mom's Library Link Up,
Wednesday:The Thrifty Home, Linking up with Lil Luna, Tea Rose Home, Adorned from Above, Rae Gun Ramblings - What We Wore, Read, and Made Link Party,  Ginger Snap Crafts - Wow Me Wednesday,   Someday Crafts - Whatever Goes Wednesday,   My Girlish Whims - Your Whims WednesdayWork it Wednesday,
Thursday: Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage, Catch a Glimpse Thursday, Creative Juice Thursday, Thursday's Temptation @ Two Yellow Birds Decor,Crafty Soiree at Yesterday on Tuesday, Delightfully Inspiring Thursday,Wait Til Your Father Gets Home,
Friday: Shabby Nest,Whipperberry, Its a Hodge Podge Life, 30 Handmade Days, I'm Lovin It Link Party at Tidy Mom, Tickled Pink Fridays at 504 Main, For the Kids Friday at Sun Scholars, Free for All at Young and Crafty
Saturday:, Show and Tell Saturdays, Strut Your Stuff, Get Schooled Saturday, Spotlight Saturday,
Sunday:Think Pink Sundays at Flamingo Toes, Sunday Scoop at I Heart Nap TimeOr So She Says,

21 comments:

  1. Hi Ali,
    Thank you so much for posting my Calculators and Wild Animals Valentines!
    Have a great weekend,
    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A big thank you also goes right back to you, for inspiring some totally awesome Valentines treats :) Very glad to feature your projects!
      -Ali

      Delete
  2. Cute ideas in your roundup. You're right there is too much candy.

    We may have met by chance...but we become friends by choice.
    http://simpleesue.com/soup-kitchen-recipes-italian-wedding-soup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Isn't it fun? I love that it's a useful little gift too.

      Delete
  4. Darling roundup! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wild about you cards are so cute! I'm trying to figure out what I want to do for my son's Valentine cards this year...thanks for the fun ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are really some great inspirations out there.
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  6. These are really cute. The best part is all but one don't contain the words... love, valentine or heart. What 8 year old boy wants to see those words? Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I have two boys (3&1) and looking at it, maybe I gravitated towards more boy-ish ideas.. lol.
      Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  7. Great ideas! Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    Bethany @ Whistle and Ivy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pleasure to join. Thanks to all three of you ladies for hosting!

      Delete
  8. Such a cute idea. I love the calculator!

    Hopping by and following your lovely blog's twitter and Pinterest. I blog @ Getting Healthy with Essential Oils

    I am also inviting you to join Tiddle Diddle Handmade Shoppe's first giveaway event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
      And thanks for inviting me to the giveaway event, you have some great things at your shop!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the visit-- great roundup. I especially love the wild animal one- cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Featuring you this week at Mom's Library and I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! Thank you so much! I'm at the top of the featured list! Squeee! :D

      Delete
  11. New follower and this is a great round up. I cant seem to find the free printable abot the glow sticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for being a follower! Sorry that I don't keep up with this blog anymore - sadly have too much going on in life.
      This post is older, from last year, and I can't seem to find the printable either. It looks like The Teacher Wife is a shop now, maybe it's a purchasable item?
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love to read your comments, thoughts and questions on my posts.