Garbage Disposal Cleaner - No Chemicals!



Mr E does the dishes every night (isn't he awesome?), but sometimes forgets to run the garbage disposal after putting some food scraps down.  That lead to super crazy stink when we come home from work the next day!

My solution: disposal cleaning cubes.



Mix together one part each of the following ingredients:
1 C. vinegar
1/2 C. lemon juice
1/2 C. water

Pour into ice cube containers. Let freeze for a day. Pop out and place into plastic baggies. Throw 2-3 cubes into the disposal, turn the faucet on a little, then run through the disposal. Use weekly, or more often if needed.  Clears up any residual gunk, and freshens it up quick!
The ingredients are all natural, and easy on the wallet. One dozen cubes should last three or four weeks, and the cost is mere pennies! I'm diggin' that ;)

What little tricks do you have for keeping your kitchen smelling fresh?


I can often be found linking up at these fabulous parties-
Monday: Make It Pretty Monday, Skip to my Lou, DIY Showoff Project ParadeMore the Merrier Monday, C.R.A.F.T., Just Something I Whipped Up, The Gunny Sack,Cutesy Mondays, Craft-O-Maniac Mondays, Make It Mondays, Mixer Monday at Whimsically Homemade, On Display Mondays
Tuesday:Get your craft on Tuesdays, Project Queen, Sugar Bee Crafts, New Nostalgia, Lady Bug Blessings, Too Cute Tuesday, The Schwins Tuesday Party,Tasty Tuesday,The Mommy Club @ Crystal & Co.
Wednesday:The Thrifty Home, Linking up with Lil Luna, Tea Rose Home, Adorned from Above, Rae Gun Ramblings - What We Wore, Read, and Made Link Party,  Ginger Snap Crafts - Wow Me Wednesday,   Someday Crafts - Whatever Goes Wednesday,   My Girlish Whims - Your Whims WednesdayWork it Wednesday,
Thursday: Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage, Catch a Glimpse Thursday, Creative Juice Thursday, Thursday's Temptation @ Two Yellow Birds Decor,Crafty Soiree at Yesterday on Tuesday, Delightfully Inspiring Thursday,Wait Til Your Father Gets Home,
Friday: Shabby Nest,Whipperberry, Its a Hodge Podge Life, 30 Handmade Days, I'm Lovin It Link Party at Tidy Mom, Tickled Pink Fridays at 504 Main, For the Kids Friday at Sun Scholars, Free for All at Young and Crafty, Remodelaholic
 Saturday:, Show and Tell Saturdays, Strut Your Stuff, Get Schooled Saturday, Spotlight Saturday,
Sunday:Think Pink Sundays at Flamingo Toes, Sunday Scoop at I Heart Nap TimeOr So She Says,

13 comments:

  1. Very cool idea! I have used those ingredients before but not in frozen form. They say that using ice helps to keep the blades clean, so your way works for cleaning and maintenance. Thanks for the great idea tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like ice cubes offer some form of scrubbing action that plain liquid cleaners can't. Just as a tip - the cubes don't freeze as hard as plain water. You can always cut back a little on both the vinegar and lemon juice, and replace with water to get a less "juicy" cube. But I would recommend then using a few more to clean with.

      Glad you stopped by my blog!

      Delete
  2. Great idea! I usually throw in ice cubes when I pour vinegar, lemon juice and baking soda down my disposal. But, I like the idea of freezing the lemon juice and vinegar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo! I've never tried baking soda in the garbage disposal - I have for clogged drains or volcano science experiments :)

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Excellent idea! My husband is horrible about running the disposal, too, so I plan to make these. Now I'll get to nag him about not putting the cubes in! LOL

    I'd love if you'd come join my How To Tuesday link party, too.
    http://housewifehowtos.com/link-party-2/how-to-tuesday-link-party-9/

    - Katie B. of HousewifeHowTos.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I love how these cubes work, so as sad as it sounds, I actually get excited when the disposal starts to stink... I love knowing that the insides are getting all clean :)

      Glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Not a problem :) Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  5. I love homemade all natural cleaners! Thanks so much for sharing this! Pinned! Also following you through GFC!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Selene for stopping by today! I am following you now as well :)

      Delete
  6. What a great idea! I'm pinning this right now! Putting it in cube form makes more sense to me than just pouring stuff down the drain! Visiting from On Display Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,

    please visit my website GarbageDisposerReviews.com for all your garbage disposal related stuffs.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Website...
    Hey JOIN now fblikesbot.com and Increase Facebook Likes your profile and websites.
    Increase Facebook Likes and check your website worth worth my websites
    FB Likes and check your website worth Website Value Calculator
    Hot Wallpapers seo tools website
    its may be very beneficial for you also really

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love to read your comments, thoughts and questions on my posts.